PUBLIC NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that Park Street, 150 feet south of Manitowoc Street until 150 feet north of Green Meadow Drive, will be closed at 5:00 pm on June 22, 2018 until 7:00 pm on June 24, 2018 for the Fire Fighters’ Picnic.
NOTICE OF A SPECIAL CLOSED MEETING
Reedsville Village Board
Notice is hereby given that a special meeting of the Reedsville Village Board is to be held at the Reedsville Municipal Building, located at 217 Menasha Street, Reedsville, Wisconsin on Monday, May 21, 2018 at 5:00 pm. The meeting will begin in open session and then convene into closed session pursuant to WI Statute 19:85 (g) to confer with legal counsel on the proposal from AT&T. No action will be taken in closed session. The special meeting will reconvene in open session.
- Call meeting to order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll call
- Convene into closed session
- Reconvene into open session
- Discussion/Possible Decision: AT&T proposal
- Discussion/Possible Decision: Emergency Response
The Village of Reedsville request persons requiring auxiliary aids for participation in the above meeting contact the Clerk/Treasurer twenty-four (24) hours prior to the meeting.
Notice of Newly Enacted Ordinance
Please take notice that the Village of Reedsville, Manitowoc County enacted Ordinance 2018-4 creating a Sanitary Sewer Private Lateral Ordinance on April 12, 2018. The Ordinance was enacted to prevent significant water inflow and infiltration into the Village’s sanitary sewer system and to protect public health, safety and welfare by assuring that private laterals are tested, inspected, maintained and repaired or replaced
The full text of Ordinance 2018-4 may be obtained from the Village Clerk-Treasurer office located at 217 Menasha Street, Reedsville, WI 54230. Office phone: 920-7454-4371
ORDINANCE 2018 – 3
Ordinance to Appoint Alternate Members for Board of Review
Whereas, 1997 WI Act 237 has amended the procedures for the Board or Review procedures commencing in the Year 2000;
Whereas, one of the changes to Section 70.47 of WI Statues authorized the removal of Board of Review members for individual cases under specific circumstances;
Whereas, Sec. 70.47(6m) 9c) authorized the appointment of alternate members to serve on the Board of Review when standing members are removed from individual cases;
Now Therefore, the Village Board of the Village of Reedsville, Manitowoc County does ordain as follows:
Pursuant to Sec 70.47(6m)(c) and Sec 70.46(1) of WI Statutes, the Village Board hereby provides for the appointment of alternates to serve on the Village Board of Review in the event a standing board member of the Board of Review is removed or unable to serve for any reason.
The following electors of the Village of Reedsville are hereby named as alternates in the order indicated to serve as alternate Board of Review members: Alternate: Jerry Reis
The appointments made in this ordinance are for the Year 2018 Board of Review proceedings and effective upon publication as provided by law.
Dated this 8th day of March, 2018
ORDINANCE 2018 -2
The Village Board of the Village of Reedsville does ordain as follows:
That section 2-1-3 of the Reedsville Village Code is amended to read as follows:
2-1-3: CONSTRUCTION AND REPAIR OF STREETS, SIDEWALKS, CURB AND GUTTER:
When sidewalk are to be constructed:
- The Village Board may, from time to time by resolution, determine where sidewalks shall be constructed and order the same be laid according to the specifications and grade provided in this code. Criteria to be considered for installation include: location of sidewalk, expected amount of vehicle and pedestrian traffic, safety, and budget.
- Owners of lots in newly developed areas shall have no obligation to construct sidewalks until sixty percent (60%) one hundred percent (100%) of the number of lots in such block have been built upon.
- When a street is to be constructed or reconstructed with new curb and gutter, sidewalks shall be constructed along each side of the street in said blocks.
- Existing sidewalks: Sidewalks shall be reconstructed in front of any parcel, at no cost to property owner, where fifty percent 50% or more of existing sidewalks is built to acceptable grade, and in serviceable condition,
- Sidewalks shall be constructed along the side of the street in any Village block where fifty percent (50%) or more of the property in the block have sidewalks.
- Sidewalks shall not be required in existing permanent cul de sacs unless the property owners wish that sidewalks be installed in the area abutting their property.
- No person shall remove any sidewalk without the permission of the Village Board.
- When work is done on public sidewalks within the street right-of-way, handicapped access ramps shall be installed where required.
- Trees affecting sidewalk, or curb and gutters, shall be removed. Trees on private land shall be removed by the property owner at the property owner’s cost, after notificationDated this 8th day of March, 2018.
ORDINANCE 2018 – 1
The Village Board of the Village of Reedsville does ordain as follows: That subsection C of section 7-1-4 of the Reedsville Village Code are hereby amended to read as follows:
C: Building Permit Fees: Before receiving building permits, the owner or his agent must pay the following permit fees into the Village Treasury:
- Building, $800.00
- Electrical, $20.00;
- Heating, $20.00;
- Moving, $20.00;
- Plumbing, $20.00;
- Razing, $20.00;
- Remodeling, $40.00 for first $2,000.00 in value and $2.00 for every $1,000.00 thereafter;
Dated this 8th day of March, 2018.
Board of Review
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Review for the Village of Reedsville shall hold its first meeting on Wednesday, May 23, 2018 from 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM, in the Reedsville Municipal Building at 217 Menasha St, Reedsville, WI.
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the Board of Review and procedural requirements if appearing before the Board:
- No person shall be allowed to appear before the Board of Review, to testify to the Board by telephone or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request by certified mail of the Assessor to view such property.
- After the first meeting of the Board of Review and before the Board’s final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the Board of Review may contact, or provide information to a member of the Board about the person’s objection except at a session of the Board.
- The board of review may not hear an objection to the amount or valuation of property unless, at least 48 hours before the board’s first scheduled meeting , the objector provides to the board’s clerk written or oral notice of an intent to file an objection, except that upon a showing of good cause and the submission of a written objection, the boards shall waive that requirement during the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, and the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days with proof of extraordinary circumstances for failure to meet the 48 hour notice requirement and failure to appear before the board of review during the first 2 hours of the first scheduled meeting.
- Objections to the amount or valuation of property shall first be made in writing and filed with the clerk of the board of review within the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, except that, upon evidence of extraordinary circumstances, the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days. The board may require objections to the amount or valuation of property to be submitted on forms approved by the Department of Revenue, and the board shall require that any forms include stated valuations of the property in question. Persons who own land and improvements to that land may object to the aggregated valuation of that land and improvements to the land, but no person who owns land and improvement to that land may object only to the valuation of that land or only to the valuation of improvements to that land. No person may be allowed in any action or proceedings to question the amount or valuation of property unless the written objection has been filed and that person in good faith presented evidence to the board in support of the objections and made full disclosure before the board, under oath, of all of that person’s property liable to assessment in the district and the value of that property. The requirement that objections be in writing may be waived by express action of the board.
- When appearing before the board of review, the objecting person shall specify in writing the person’s estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person’s objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at that estimate.
- No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or object to a valuation if that valuation was made by the assessor or the objector using the income method of valuation, unless the person supplies the assessor’s with all the information about income and expenses as specified in the assessor’s manual under s 73.03(2a), Wis. stats., that the assessor requests. The Village of Reedsville has an ordinance for the confidentiality of information about income and expenses that is provided to the assessor under this paragraph that provides exceptions for persons using information in the discharge of duties imposed by law or the duties of their officer or by order of a court* The information that is provided under this paragraph, unless a court determined that it is inaccurate, is not subject to the right of inspection and copying under s. 19.35(1), Wis. Stats.
- The Board shall hear upon oath, by telephone, all ill and disabled persons who present to the Board a letter from a physician, surgeon, or osteopath that confirms their illness or disability. No other person may testify by telephone unless the Board, in its discretion, has determined to grant a property owners or their representative’s request to testify under oath by telephone or written statement.
- No person may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the Board by telephone or contest the amount of any assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the board or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed under s 70.47 (3)(a), Wis Stats., that person provides to the clerk of the board of review notice as to whether the person will ask for removal of a member of the board of review and, if so, which member, and provides a reasonable estimate of the length of time the hearing will take.
Notice is hereby given that the assessment roll for the Village of Reedsville of Manitowoc County is open for inspection on Monday, May 7, 2018 from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm in the Reedsville Municipal Building, 217 Menasha St, Reedsville, WI.
Further, be advised that the Assessor for the Village of Reedsville will be present on Monday, May 7, 2018 from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm in the Reedsville Municipal Building, 217 Menasha St, Reedsville, WI and at said meeting, instructional materials shall be available.
April 3, 2018 Election Results
Patty Schreiber 186
Jack Siebert 156
Chad M Rataichek 157
Becky Busse 103